What is Kaisy's Delights®?
Kaisy's Delights® is about a culinary journey through the Austro-Hungarian Empire, in a unique setting inspired by Austrian chalets. We try to
bring to America a condensed feel of:
- The lunch breaks we enjoyed during our holidays on the Austrian ski slopes;
- The lush yet sophisticated atmosphere you can enjoy in a Viennese café;
- The relaxed and whimsical magic that Franz-Joseph and Sissi can easily be associated with.
Can you imagine...
That you are just about to step into a dream retreat where these Imperial, yet hungry Majesties might be sitting next to you and share with you
their last hikes in these mountains that they cherish so much?
Together with them,
- You discover the magic of the Alpine landscapes through the windows.
- You listen to the Tyrolean peasants who joyfully yodle, or to the velvety violins and their enchanting waltzes.
- You can relax by the fireplace in our Lewes location
- You admire the Tyrolean garments of our staff
As you sip a cup of coffee from La Colombe (probably the best coffee roasters in America), You travel with your palate through the wide and diverse
regions of the late Austro-Hungarian Empire:
- The Kaiserschmarrn (sorry, the Kaisy®) comes from the Tyrolean Alps. Imperial Mess or Imperial Delight? Come in and check by yourself what
would be the most appropriate way to describe it! Your choice, your favorite combo. It is always time for a Kaisy®!
- The potato latkes come from Galicia. This vastly Jewish area ran from South Poland to Ukraine. Think of lighter and crispier hashbrown. The
Polish/Jewish competitor to the French fries.
- The goulash soup comes from Hungary. Beef cooked in a broth together with potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, sweet peppers and paprika. Ironically,
a goulash is a Hungarian cowboy!
- And did you know that the Kaiser rolls that we use for our famous breakfast sandwiches were named after the same Kaiser as the Kaiserschmarrn?
- More is on the way, but shhhhhtt! Come in and discover!