What is Kaisy’s Delights®?
Kaisy’s Delights® is about a culinary journey through the Austro-Hungarian Empire, in a unique setting inspired
by Austrian chalets. We try to bring to America a condensed feel of
- The lunch breaks we enjoyed during our holidays on the Austrian ski slopes
- The lush yet sophisticated atmosphere you can enjoy in a Viennese café
- The relaxed and whimsical magic that Franz-Joseph and Sissi can easily be associated with.
Can you imagine...
That you are just about to step into a dream retreat where these Imperial , yet hungry Majesties might be sitting next to you and share with you
their last hikes in these mountains that they cherish so much ?
Together with them ,
- You discover the magic of the Alpine landscapes through the windows.
- You listen to the Tyrolean peasants who joyfully yodle, or to the velvety violins and their enchanting waltzes.
- You can relax by the fireplace in our Lewes location
- You admire the Tyrolean garments of our staff
As you sip a cup of coffee from La Colombe (probably the best coffee roasters in America), You travel with your palate through the wide and diverse
regions of the late Austro-Hungarian Empire:
- The Kaiserschmarrn (sorry, the Kaisy®) comes from the Tyrolean Alps. Imperial Mess or Imperial Delight? Come in and check by yourself what
would be the most appropriate way to describe it ! Your choice, your favorite combo. It is always time for a Kaisy® !
- The potato latkes come from Galicia. This vastly Jewish area ran from South Poland to Ukraine. Think of lighter and crispier hashbrown. The
Polish/Jewish competitor to the French fries.
- The goulash soup comes from Hungary. Beef cooked in a broth together with potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, sweet peppers and paprika. Ironically,
a goulash is a Hungarian cowboy!
- And did you know that the Kaiser rolls that we use for our famous breakfast sandwiches were named after the same Kaiser as the Kaiserschmarrn?
- More is on the way, but shhhhhtt ! Come in and discover !